Practicing is a pleasure, but doing it safely is even more important. Check out the rules for kitesurfing. They were developed by professionals who are familiar with local conditions.
1) Guests interested in sailing or learning to practice Kitesurfing will be directed to Rancho do Kite, as well as those interested in windsurfing will be directed to Ticowind, our windsurfing school which is located in the facilities of Vila Kalango.
2) We are not responsible for those who insist on sailing Kite in Jeri (region after the Sunset Dune, right on the boundary that separates the area for Kitesurfing and windsurfing). Unfortunately, there we cannot offer the same rescue and safety structure we offer at Rancho do Peixe.
3) In respect to guests and for safety reasons, it was decided that the sea area in front of Rancho do Peixe - bounded by floats - is exclusive for Rancho do Kite lessons.
4) The left side of this area (facing the sea, towards Jeri), is dedicated to experienced sailors.
5) To learn how to practice kitesurfing, we recommend that you choose to take classes at Rancho do Kite. There, we guarantee that besides having fun you will learn all about the sailing rules and also have all the supporting structure to set the equipment, take off the Kite and sail. You can also wash, store and make all necessary maintenance in the school.
6) If you prefer to learn from others, either with a friend or bringing your own trainer, for security reasons, you will be directed to sail after the Prea Village. You can use the hotel structure to store and wash your equipment, but may not use the restricted class areas.
7) Students will be identified by ribbons tied on the Kite (known as rabiolas).
8) The preference will always be for the student.
9) Experienced sailors must keep at least 50m distance from any student.
10) Tourists and visitors cannot teach, including family and friends.
11) Always observe the signals at the beach (area of inlet and outlet to the sea, landing and takeoff zone, etc).
12) Do not transit with car or motorbike near to the water surface.
13) Only park or stop vehicles near the fence.
14) Please do not smoke in the storage area or near the Kites. There is a large amount of flammable materials.
15) Disconnect the lines of your kite for the entire time you leave it unused at the beach.
16) Only raise and low your Kite in the area indicated by the cones.
17) Kitesurfers that are recognized endangering the safety of others will be asked to leave the beach. If they refuse to leave, managers will take appropriate measures.
18) Make sure to sail far from the school area, marked by floats, when doing downwinds.
19) Sail at least 30 meters from the coast in order to leave enough space for beginners Kitesurfers, and also to ensure the safety of bathers.
20) If you cannot stay upwind (coming and going to the same place), be sure to enter the water after the designated area for the school to not disturb the students.
21) Please put enough sand on the Kites as long as they are on the beach, so there will not occur accidents of Kites flying.
The entire staff of Rancho do Peixe and Rancho do Kite thank you in advance for following the local safety rules. Ask us about the local sailing conditions. Our availability to answer any questions or help you improve your performance is total.
Have a nice sailing!